The content on this post is for informational purposes only and does not substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We may receive a small commission when you purchase using our links at no extra cost to you.
One of the most popular requests a fitness instructor gets is how to pump up the glutes and understand when you’re getting good results. Before you understand the signs that your glutes are growing and what needs to be done, let’s analyze the basic things.
The glutes are made up of three main parts:
● The largest muscle in the entire body is the gluteus maximus. It stabilizes the body when walking and running, allowing you to move your leg outward. This is also responsible for the taut (or not-so) shape of the glutes.
● The gluteus medius is partially overlapped by the large one located in the upper part of the pelvis. It is involved in the abduction of the leg to the side, lateral tilts, and stabilization of the body during movement.
● Finally, the gluteus minimus lies under the middle. Together they are responsible for abducting the leg, stabilizing the body, and forming the hip line.
It is almost impossible to pump up the glutes in a month, as in the gym, or at home. At best, the muscle tone will slightly increase. You can significantly change their shape only with the help of strength training several times a week.
Basic principles of training
Due to the peculiarities of female physiology, the lower body of girls is much more responsive to training than other muscle groups. But you can achieve the desired effect (glute activation) only if you have basic knowledge of how to pump the glutes correctly.
● It is possible to feel the result of training only if the load is targeted. To grow your glutes correctly, first, you need to put the technique and hip thrusts under the guidance of a personal trainer.
● If you want slightly rounded and taut buttocks rather than hypertrophied bulges, be careful with basic strength exercises. They work on the active growth of muscle mass.
● The load for muscle mass activation must progress. Try new exercises for the buttocks regularly, and increase the number of repetitions and working weights so that you do not get used to the training stress.
● It is very important to maintain proper nutrition and rest between workouts. If you decide to squat heavy, at least give up simple carbohydrates, which are easily deposited in the form of fat on the priest and hips. Switch to fractional meals: an average of 6 times a day, give preference to protein foods and vegetables (if you plan to gain weight, then the calorie content of the diet increases).
It is also important to get at least 8 hours of sleep and a break between days of intense training to recuperate.
Examples of strength exercises for the buttocks
Perform an average of 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions with the same weight until you feel a slight burning sensation. The respite between sets should be 1.5-2 minutes.
● Lunges with a barbell on the shoulders or dumbbells.
This exercise is ideal for those looking to grow the upper glutes and, at the same time, the back of the thigh. Begin the movement by bringing each leg forward alternately. The thigh should be parallel to the floor, and the knee should be at a right angle.
● Barbell squat.
One of the basic exercises that effectively build muscle. From the starting position, “feet shoulder-width apart,” lower the pelvis just below the level of the knees. Do not bend your lower back, and do not take out your knees beyond the border of your socks. The wider your legs are apart, the greater the load on the buttocks.
● Split squats with dumbbells.
This exercise is performed with a straight back, by taking a step forward with one foot and throwing the other on the stand from behind. Squat to the parallel of the thigh with the floor, and work out the left and right legs alternately.
● Romanian draft.
Stand straight with your back slightly arched at the waist. Holding a dumbbell on your hands down, bend over, pulling your pelvis back. When you reach just below your knees, return to the mid-thigh dumbbell position.
Drawing up an individual plan for training, rest, and nutrition is best left to a specialist. A personal trainer will take into account the characteristics of health and body type and explain how to grow your glutes quicker.
10 Signs Your Glutes Are Seeing Muscle Growth
During your workouts, you may feel them at work. After working out, you may have a burning feeling in your glutes.
When you sit, your cheeks begin to rise higher.
Strength and endurance have increased at the gym and during everyday tasks such as going upstairs.
They’re showing symptoms of vascularity, which means you can see them better because they are growing with more muscle.
When you rise up from a seated posture, the fullness of your glutes increases – it feels like someone is pushing upwards. If you’re seeking strategies to keep yourself accountable for your fitness objectives, take a photo before. When glancing in the mirror, one may not immediately detect any changes. Still, imagine someone clicking their camera and comparing it to later photos. In such a situation, there will undoubtedly be significant variations between how they seemed weeks or months ago!
The pants will become tighter as your glutes expand. You’ll also notice that the waist fitting is shifting, which might be comfortable after all those sweaty exercises!
Checking the inner and outer thighs is one of the finest methods to see how your glutes have evolved over time. This will allow you to check if the size has changed and compare the measurements.
Before and after photos are easier to compare. Taking a photograph beforehand is the greatest approach to tracking developments. Looking in the mirror will not allow you to see changes right away. Once you take a photo and compare, the difference is undeniably visible.
You’re measuring your inches! One of the most prevalent methods of tracking gluteal changes is to measure them and compare them to earlier measurements.
People are complimenting your rear end. If you’re getting compliments on your behind, it’s a positive indicator that your glutes are expanding. Other people’s compliments might be a fantastic motivator to keep up the excellent effort.